Sunday, March 29, 2015

Sunday Watercolors; Trying Scraping for Texture

It is Sunday and I am here  to share a new watercolor! This time I watched a video tutorial by Graham Booth in which he talked a lot about the scraping technique and I was inspired to try and ended up painting the scene from that tutorial: It was a great video so if you are interested in painting I think you'll enjoy it. It can be viewed for free HERE.







If you want to see more of my watercolors you can either click the "My Watercolors" button in the top list or in my Watercolors file on Pinterest; http://www.pinterest.com/peppermint42/watercolors - the paintings there are not only by me, though I wish because I've collected some favorites!
If I've used a reference photo it can most often be found in my "For paintings" folder on Pinterest.
Have a great Sunday, hugs, Karin

4 comments:

Linda said...

It is beautiful! :)

Happy Dance said...

This is really lovely, Karin. Just showed DH...he was very impressed by this. Your painting continues to make me smile! Love this. Bev

Miriam Prantner said...

This looks gorgeous! I'm definitely interested in the scraping technique, although your link isn't live.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

It's fixed now Miriam - thanks for letting me know!!!